Before the month ends, I had the opportunity to go out of town with my older cousins. Actually, they planned it earlier without me in the picture. They already told me the day before the outing so it was not really plotted on my weekend scheme. We were finalizing for the place we were about to go and ended up in Villa Filomena in Indang. Since we also saw some facebook posts and people who were making a fuss about it.
(kinda confused about the right name of the resort hahahaha this signage had this “Felomina” and the other had this “Filomena” but I chose Filomena because it’s google-able lol)
We left our place at exactly 6:30 am and we arrived at the place around 8:30 am. We didn’t have any problems going there since we have our own vehicle. But if you are planning to go there by commuting, here are some tips on how to get there:
*From Manila/Imus, Cavite
– Ride a Jasper Jean bus with Dasmariñas, Cavite sign-board and tell the driver to drop you off in Robinsons Pala-pala.
– From Robinsons Pala-pala, ride a jeepney or bus with a signboard Indang, Cavite and tell the driver to drop you off in Jollibee Indang.
– From Jollibee Indang, there are tricycle terminals which can head you out exactly to Villa Felomina.
Commuting expenses rate: 170php-230php (2 ways)
Villa Filomena can give you:
– Fresh air since it is mainly surrounded by trees
– Province/nature vibe
– Natural spring water (the water is cold because of its freshness, colder than the song of Justin Bieber ‘Cold Water’ lol waley. *kidding aside*
– clear water
– 2 infinity pools, 1 kiddie pool and 1 man-made river
– clean bathrooms (infairness)
– panoramic view
– instagrammable photos (depends on your filter and shot lol)
It is jam-packed on weekends so if you’re planning to go here, I suggest you go on weekdays
This is the man-made river..
and to add it up, a mini falls which can give you a back massage
We also tried splashing into the water by this rope. Using this, you can be Tarzan of your own. The water level was a bit high for me since I stand five foot tall. lol. So for all the five footers out there, friendly advice .. you must know how to swim.
There is also a bridge connecting the other side of the cottages where you can find a not-yet-developed-stairs which you can climb for you to be able to see the panoramic view of the resort.
This view will welcome you once you got your ass up there.
I also had the major third wheeling moment of my life. hahahhaha! (see photos)
– 7 persons x 150(entrance fee) = 1,050php
– Cottage (100php per head since we are 7 ) = 700php
– Gas (we didn’t really pay for this because the owner of = 500php
the vehicle shouldered it . )
– Food ( we brought our own foods to share) =
total = 2,250php
It might look a huge amount for you but trust me, I only had 350php budget for this.
So I think 400php-500php is the safe budget for one. It may decrease or increase depending on how many you are in a group. The larger the group, the lesser the expenses. 🙂
Here is the updated rates since they made some minor changes for this year:
Not-so-downside stuff of the resort:
– It’s not for people who are expecting too much
– still renovating and developing some parts of the man-made river and cottages
– you’re prone to get some scratches and wounds due to rocks on the side of the river
But what is adventure if it can’t leave some light marks on your skin, right? hihihi
See more photos here.
Honestly speaking, this place won’t make your jaw drop since it is not yet fully renovated. Don’t be fooled by those photos which were sprinkled by filters on social media sites. All in all, I didn’t come here to make the most instagrammable photos but to enjoy the company of my squad and to make memories which I will cherish for the rest of my life.
How about you? How did you end up your weekend? Let me know on the comment section below 🙂